January 14, 2020
The mid-term evaluation arrangements for int'l Ph.D candidates (class 2018) are as follows:
I. Students concerned:
-int'l Ph.D candidates (class 2018) who meet the requirements of mid-term evaluation (proposal completed for 1 year by June 2020) and expect to graduate in June 2021.
-int'l Ph.D candidates from other classes(class 2017/2016) who have completed proposal for 1 year by June 2020.
II. Evaluation method:
The evaluation will be in held form of report meeting with your team. The supervisors are responsible for organizing the experts to evaluate.
The 3 experts should be in the discipline or similar disciplines: the supervisor could do as one, and two others shall be professors or associate professors with a Ph.D degree. The evaluation group would be appointed by the supervisor.
3. The students are required to fill in the “UESTC Ph.D mi-term evaluation” form (see attachment), and then the evaluation group shall sign with comments.
III. Evaluation process:
1. Online registration: please log in web site: yjsjy.uestc.edu.cn/gmis, and apply for the mi-term evaluation(Please find Guide file in QQ group).
2. Consent of supervisor: the supervisors need to log in system to grant the consent.
3. Consent of the school: after the report meeting, the students should submit the hardcopy of “UESTC Ph.D mi-term evaluation” (with signatures of supervisor and 3 experts of the evaluation group) to Graduate Management office (Room 222, Main building, Shahe campus) by July 10, 2020.
4. Notes: Your online application date will be considered as the basis for defense application, which is scheduled 1 year after the mi-term evaluation. Please pay great attention to the interval.
1. "UESTC Ph.D mi-term evaluation" shall be printed according to requests.
2. With failure of mi-term evaluation, the students should redo the evaluation process in six months with guide of supervisor; The Ph.D study would be ended if two failures appear.
3. The application of the thesis defense would not be possible only one year after the mi-term evaluation.
V. Reminder of age limit of Ph.D candidates
1. In accordance with the“Provisions for graduate degree granting of UESTC”, mi-term evaluation shall be applied only one year after thesis proposal.
2. According to the“Management rules of graduate student of UESTC”, the doctoral study period shall not exceed six years.
3. The Ph.D candidates are required to respect the schedule of cultivation program, and complete the phases accordingly.
Graduate Management office
School of Information and Software Engineering